If you’re in need of a good quality air conditioning service Austin, you first need to know what to look for. A company may look good on the outside but be unresponsive and unprofessional once you try to hire them. Keep reading for our tips for finding the best local HVAC company.
Look In All The Right Places
There are various ways to find a list of local air conditioning companies. We suggest using several to get a full idea of who is in your area and whether they’re recommending by multiple sources.
- Find out if your friends, families, and neighbors have worked with a good quality HVAC company. Word-of-mouth referrals are generally trustworthy because, although people have different ideas of acceptable rates, most will come to the same conclusion about quality of service.
- Use your search engine. Search several times using different wording and see what comes up. By the end of the process, you should have a list of companies to review.
- Paper and online directories can be a solid reference source, as well. Look at Yelp, Angie’s List, the Yellow Pages, etc.
- Ask members of your neighborhood on social media groups and apps like Next Door. You’ll get recommendations for companies that you know will service your area.
- On your next trip to the local hardware shop, ask the staff there if they have any recommendations.
Screening Austin HVAC Companies
Don’t just go with the first business that pops on your Google search. Spend some time screening each company before moving forward. Read customer reviews on their Google business page and profiles on directories like Yelp and Angie’s List.
Next, visit the company’s website. Do they have real photos of owners and employees, or just stock photos? Do they have a physical address, hours, and contact information? The more details and clear-cut information, the better.
Once you’ve looked into the reviews and online presence of each business, narrow down your list to three companies. Call their office to ask some questions. Ask their representative questions about insurance and business history. Note how helpful, friendly, and informative the person is on the other end of the line.
Pay Attention During The First Appointment
Make an appointment for a service call or estimate. We recommend starting with a smaller project, since you haven’t worked with this company before. Pay attention to the technician’s promptness, professionalism, and knowledge. Don’t be afraid to ask lots of questions. Remember, you’re looking for a business with which you can establish a long-term relationship!